DBZ Uncut, Episode 49: "The Prince Fights Back"
The Eternal Lost Lurker
2005-09-07 03:01:46 UTC
[Episode title taken from Yahoo TV listings, as I was out of the room when
the show started.]

Previously on DBZ:

Body-Odoria decided to have some fun, and killed some Nameks. Then he got
kicked in the head twice, once by Gohan and again by Kuririn. After Freeza
chewed his fat pink ass out, he gave chase, and was stopped cold by
Kuririn's Taiyou-ken, which gave our heroes and their young charge time to
slip into hiding....

After Dodoria flies over without seeing them, Kuririn decides that they can
breathe easily--he can't find them without his scouter. However, something
isn't quite right, and Dodoria is rather more determined than they
believed...

...and he finds them! He attacks, creating massive devastation to the
surface of the planet.

However, they escaped in time, and watched him leave the scene, believing
himself to have killed them. After discovering that Dende is able to fly,
Kuririn and Gohan invite him to join up with them, and the three of them try
to head back to the cave where Bulma is waiting.

Speaking of Bulma, she has erected a comfy, cozy Capsule Corp house in the
cave, and is relaxing in a bubble bath while chewing out Dr. Briefs over the
comm link. Bulma is upset about the loss of their ship, but Dr. Briefs
informs her that Goku is on his way, and has a ship they can all come home
in!

...damn bubbles! Move, move!

...Dr. B is STILL going on about that damn cappucino machine?! OY!

In space, Goku takes a break from 20g training to have a snack, and is
disappointed at the "small" amount of food in the refrigerator. @_@

Note that he's only taking a break from the TRAINING, not the GRAVITY. A
fact he realises when he flops down on the bed...and breaks it.

Of course, that could just be from overeating...

Dodoria tries to find Freeza, and complains about the lack of scouters and
the geographical indistinctiveness of the surface of Namekkusei. His rant is
interrupted rather rudely as he is knocked into one of Namekkusei's many
lakes by Vegeta, who plainly announces his intent to kill Dodoria.

Dodoria, understandably, takes objection to this, and gets angry, just as
Vegeta planned. However, he reins himself in long enough to demand Vegeta's
scouter in exchange for his life and his freedom.

....O_o;; VEGETA *OWNED* DODORIA! Heheheheheheh.

He then promptly proceeded to remove his scouter and toss it on the ground,
pretending to offer it to Dodoria...

Dodoria begins to gloat, but...Vegeta crushes the scouter!

Dodoria has a cow, but Vegeta is calm, because he knows he has a little
ability that Dodoria lacks...

...and Dodoria lets slip something that surprises Vegeta: there are Earthers
on Namekkusei! However, Dodoria believes that he himself has killed them,
just as he believes he is about to kill Vegeta.

Poor, deluded Body-Odoria.

Vegeta knows that Dodoria is blustering, and also knows that Dodoria saw
Vegeta's power level when he killed Kui. Dodoria, however, angrily protests
that Vegeta simply can't be that powerful, and attacks.

Vegeta appears behind him, unscathed, blocks another strike with
contemptuous ease, and pulls the bulky brute's arms behind him until they
nearly pop out of joint. As he does so, he reveals that Saiyajin get
stronger the more they fight--and being pummeled to near death makes them
even stronger still.

Dodoria tries to save himself with the promise of telling Vegeta what
actually happened to Bejiitasei. Vegeta releases him. Dodoria explains that
Freeza destroyed the Saiyajin because they were becoming troublesome and
potentially dangerous. Vegeta, as a favored pawn, was spared.

Vegeta, unsurprisingly, kills Dodoria anyway.

"I promise you this, Freeza...your downfall WILL be at the hands of a
Saiyan."

How true, Vegeta. How true.

It's just...not gonna be you.

In a few days, Goku will reach Namekkusei. Vegeta has sworn vengeance
against Freeza, and is after the Dragonballs...as is Freeza. Gohan, Kuririn,
and Bulma are ALSO after the Dragonballs, as well as trying to stay well
clear of the more evil powers at work on Namekkusei. And Dende, the orphaned
child, has joined their party.

Dragonball count:

Freeza - 5
Namekkuseijin - 2

And the adventure continues...

[tomorrow]
--
If you meet a scary man, protect your
wallet and your arsehole no matter what.
www.lurkerdrome.com
Fish Eye no Miko
2005-09-07 06:58:18 UTC
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
[Episode title taken from Yahoo TV listings, as I was out of
the room when the show started.]
That the name, all right.
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Body-Odoria
Heh. Good one.
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
decided to have some fun, and killed some Nameks.
"Ah, I love my job!"
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Then he got kicked in the head twice,
"Boot to the head! Nah, Nah!"
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
once by Gohan and again by Kuririn. After Freeza chewed
his fat pink ass out,
Ew.

<snip>
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
However, they escaped in time, and watched him leave the scene,
believing himself to have killed them. After discovering that Dende
is able to fly, Kuririn and Gohan invite him to join up with them,
and the three of them try to head back to the cave where Bulma is
waiting.
Yay! Dende joins the team!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Speaking of Bulma, she has erected a comfy, cozy Capsule Corp
house in the cave, and is relaxing in a bubble bath while chewing
out Dr. Briefs over the comm link. Bulma is upset about the loss
of their ship, but Dr. Briefs informs her that Goku is on his way,
and has a ship they can all come home in!
...damn bubbles! Move, move!
Odd that they show naked Gohan, and we've seen Goku's butt, and will see
Vegeta's in a later ep... but they don't show Bulma naked...
Who's the audience for this show, again...?
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
...Dr. B is STILL going on about that damn cappucino machine?! OY!
Heh.

<snip because this isn't why I'm watching this episode, dammit!>
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria tries to find Freeza, and complains about the lack of
scouters and the geographical indistinctiveness of the surface
of Namekkusei. His rant is interrupted rather rudely
That big bul--er, little bully!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
as he is knocked into one of Namekkusei's many lakes by Vegeta,
There is a lot of water on this planet, ne?
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
who plainly announces his intent to kill Dodoria.
And then there's this line:
"Wthout your Scouters, how will you and Zarbon be able to find Frieza's
backside to stick your nose in it."
Thanks for THAT image, 'Geta...
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria, understandably, takes objection to this, and gets angry,
just as Vegeta planned. However, he reins himself in long enough to
demand Vegeta's scouter in exchange for his life and his freedom.
....O_o;; VEGETA *OWNED* DODORIA! Heheheheheheh.
I love that:
"Why you--"
"SAVE IT."
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
He then promptly proceeded to remove his scouter and toss it on the
ground, pretending to offer it to Dodoria...
Dodoria begins to gloat, but...Vegeta crushes the scouter!
"We had a deal!" He keeps thinking he's making DEALS with Vegeta, but I
don't recall Vegeta agreeing to anything...
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria has a cow, but Vegeta is calm, because he knows he has
a little ability that Dodoria lacks...
...and Dodoria lets slip something that surprises Vegeta: there are
Earthers on Namekkusei! However, Dodoria believes that he
himself has killed them, just as he believes he is about to kill Vegeta.
Poor, deluded Body-Odoria.
It's won't matter to him in a few minutes, anyway.
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Vegeta knows that Dodoria is blustering, and also knows that
Dodoria saw Vegeta's power level when he killed Kui. Dodoria,
however, angrily protests that Vegeta simply can't be that
powerful, and attacks.
IDIOT.
Well, Vegeta was gonna kill him anyway, so...
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Vegeta appears behind him, unscathed, blocks another strike with
contemptuous ease, and pulls the bulky brute's arms behind him
until they nearly pop out of joint.
I love that scene!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
As he does so, he reveals that Saiyajin get stronger the more they
fight--and being pummeled to near death makes them even stronger
still.
There's an interesting idea for a training regimen...
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria tries to save himself with the promise of telling Vegeta
what actually happened to Bejiitasei. Vegeta releases him. Dodoria
explains that Freeza destroyed the Saiyajin because they were
becoming troublesome and potentially dangerous. Vegeta, as a
favored pawn, was spared.
And DAMN the anime for making a story later that not only contradicts this,
but makes Vegeta looks like an uncaring bastard. Well, ok, he IS uncarting
about a lot of things, but I kinda get the impression that he cares about
the destruction of his race and home planet...
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Vegeta, unsurprisingly, kills Dodoria anyway.
And why wouldn't he? Agan, he never said he wasn't going to. If Dodoria
assumed that, that was his problem.
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
"I promise you this, Freeza...your downfall WILL be at the hands of
a Saiyan."
How true, Vegeta. How true.
It's just...not gonna be you.
And depending on how you define "downfall" it won't be a full-blooded
Sayian...
Amd, DAMN! Am I the only one who thought that was an INCREDIBLE scene? I
just rewatched it and DAMN...
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
In a few days, Goku will reach Namekkusei.
Woo-hoo!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Vegeta has sworn vengeance against Freeza,
Woo-hoo!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
and is after the Dragonballs...
AH!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
as is Freeza.
Double AH!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Gohan, Kuririn, and Bulma are ALSO after the Dragonballs,
Woo-hoo!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
as well as trying to stay well clear of the more evil powers at
work on Namekkusei. And Dende, the orphaned child, has
joined their party.
Yay!
And wait till they found out how useful he is... ^_^
And then wait tll Freeza.. well, you'll see....

Catherine Johnson.
--
fenm at cox dot net
"I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done
already."
The Eternal Lost Lurker
2005-09-07 08:05:35 UTC
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Body-Odoria
Heh. Good one.
Sometimes the old standbys work best. :)
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Odd that they show naked Gohan, and we've seen Goku's butt, and will see
Vegeta's in a later ep... but they don't show Bulma naked...
Who's the audience for this show, again...?
This is what puzzles me also.
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
who plainly announces his intent to kill Dodoria.
"Wthout your Scouters, how will you and Zarbon be able to find Frieza's
backside to stick your nose in it."
Thanks for THAT image, 'Geta...
Yeah, that line had me ROLLING once I realised what Vegeta had just SAID.
(It took a second for it to sink in because I was distracted.)
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria tries to save himself with the promise of telling Vegeta
what actually happened to Bejiitasei. Vegeta releases him. Dodoria
explains that Freeza destroyed the Saiyajin because they were
becoming troublesome and potentially dangerous. Vegeta, as a
favored pawn, was spared.
And DAMN the anime for making a story later that not only contradicts this,
but makes Vegeta looks like an uncaring bastard. Well, ok, he IS uncarting
about a lot of things, but I kinda get the impression that he cares about
the destruction of his race and home planet...
I think Vegeta's problem is that he's "personal pride first, racial pride
second".
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
"I promise you this, Freeza...your downfall WILL be at the hands of
a Saiyan."
How true, Vegeta. How true.
It's just...not gonna be you.
And depending on how you define "downfall" it won't be a full-blooded
Sayian...
I dunno...Cyber-Freeza is about as down as it gets...Trunks just cleaned up
the mess Goku left behind. :P
www.lurkerdrome.com
Chris Sobieniak
2005-09-07 17:13:12 UTC
wrote in message
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Odd that they show naked Gohan, and we've
seen Goku's butt, and will see Vegeta's in a later
ep... but they don't show Bulma naked... Who's
the audience for this show, again...?
This is what puzzles me also.
Supposed to be a childrens' program when it originally aired in Japan.
Can't say there was any real effort in throwing in fan service than for
the few teases the show got on a number of occasions. Best I could
expect is for Bulma to be drawn with tiny nipples or no nipples at all
if that's the best they could do if they had got away with animating her
that way, but this show wasn't trying to target an older crowd much
other than perhaps for family members who might watch this with their
kids (Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball and fell under the same umbrella), more
of a little something for everyone than just focusing on one specific
demographic.
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
"Wthout your Scouters, how will you and Zarbon
be able to find Frieza's backside to stick your
nose in it."
Thanks for THAT image, 'Geta...
Yeah, that line had me ROLLING once I realised
what Vegeta had just SAID. (It took a second for it
to sink in because I was distracted.)
Too bad I erased this episode already or I'd check that as well.
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
And DAMN the anime for making a story later
that not only contradicts this, but makes Vegeta
looks like an uncaring bastard. Well, ok, he IS
uncarting about a lot of things, but I kinda get the
impression that he cares about the destruction of
his race and home planet...
I think Vegeta's problem is that he's "personal
pride first, racial pride second".
True. It's always thinking of himself before everything else.
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
It's just...not gonna be you.
And depending on how you define "downfall" it
won't be a full-blooded Sayian...
I dunno...Cyber-Freeza is about as down as it
gets...Trunks just cleaned up the mess Goku left
behind. :P
Probably the best way to put it! Still, at least the son of the Saiyan
Prince would be a part of it (of course Vegeta wouldn't discover that
kid was his own until a few years later...).

From the Master of Car-too-nal Knowledge...
Christopher M. Sobieniak @ Studio Toledo

http://studio-toledo.blogspot.com/
http://studio-toledo.deviantart.com/
The Eternal Lost Lurker
2005-09-07 18:12:14 UTC
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Odd that they show naked Gohan, and we've
seen Goku's butt, and will see Vegeta's in a later
ep... but they don't show Bulma naked... Who's
the audience for this show, again...?
This is what puzzles me also.
Supposed to be a childrens' program when it originally aired in Japan.
Which doesn't actually matter...especially not at the time DBZ was actually
made.
www.lurkerdrome.com
Ethan Hammond
2005-09-08 07:18:21 UTC
wrote in message
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
[...]
The show Bulma in the 10th Anniversary Movie/The Path to Power.
Although they also show Goku's manhood so there you go.
Equal opportunity nudity!
--
All Purpose Culture Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html
Chris Sobieniak
2005-09-08 09:37:47 UTC
in message
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Supposed to be a childrens' program when it
originally aired in Japan. Can't say there was any
real effort in throwing in fan service than for the
few teases the show got on a number of
occasions. Best I could expect is for Bulma to be
drawn with tiny nipples or no nipples at all if
that's the best they could do if they had got away
with animating her that way, but this show wasn't
trying to target an older crowd much other than
perhaps for family members who might watch this
with their kids (Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball and
fell under the same umbrella), more of a little
something for everyone than just focusing on one
specific demographic.
The show Bulma in the 10th Anniversary
Movie/The Path to Power. Although they also
show Goku's manhood so there you go. Equal
opportunity nudity!
Oh yeah! Never did get that DVD yet.

Reminded of someone who put up clips of that somewhere on the net
(probably P2P) and acted like they were pornographic or such, jerks!

From the Master of Car-too-nal Knowledge...

darth_mark
2005-09-08 15:07:14 UTC
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
It's won't matter to him in a few minutes, anyway.
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Eh, not that's it gonna matter to him in about five minutes...
does anything matter to a dead man?
Antonio E. Gonzalez
2005-09-08 22:33:18 UTC
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Eh, not that's it gonna matter to him in about five minutes...
does anything matter to a dead man?
Good fjords to pine for?

- ReFlex76 (formerly "Vaughner")

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"
Ethan Hammond
2005-09-10 09:05:28 UTC
Post by Ethan Hammond
The show Bulma in the 10th Anniversary
Movie/The Path to Power. Although they also
show Goku's manhood so there you go. Equal
opportunity nudity!
Oh yeah! Never did get that DVD yet.
It is so so, but Android 8 is a main character in it.
Fish Eye no Miko
2005-09-07 20:28:19 UTC
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Body-Odoria
Heh. Good one.
Sometimes the old standbys work best. :)
I don't think I've ever heard that one, actually...
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Odd that they show naked Gohan, and we've seen Goku's butt,
and will see Vegeta's in a later ep... but they don't show Bulma
naked...
Who's the audience for this show, again...?
This is what puzzles me also.
Not that I'm COMPLAINING, mind you...
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
who plainly announces his intent to kill Dodoria.
"Wthout your Scouters, how will you and Zarbon be able to find
Frieza's backside to stick your nose in it."
Thanks for THAT image, 'Geta...
Yeah, that line had me ROLLING once I realised what Vegeta had just
SAID. (It took a second for it to sink in because I was distracted.)
Man... I can't believe that line..
Do you know what he said in the original, there?
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
"I promise you this, Freeza...your downfall WILL be at the hands
of a Saiyan."
How true, Vegeta. How true.
It's just...not gonna be you.
And depending on how you define "downfall" it won't be a
full-blooded Sayian...
I dunno...Cyber-Freeza is about as down as it gets...
Well... I dunno...
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Trunks just cleaned up the mess Goku left behind. :P
Fair enough.
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
And, DAMN! Am I the only one who thought that was an
INCREDIBLE scene? I just rewatched it and DAMN...
Heh.
I've watched it like four times now. I watched it, then I rewatched it to
make some of these comments (esp, for the specific quotes), and I rewatched
it again this morning... I might have rewatched it last too, before going
to bed...

Catherine Johnson. "You're not. Going. Anywhere..."
--
fenm at cox dot net
"On _World News Tonight_, we don't have the vaguest idea what we're going
-Peter Jennings, in an outtake for a _World News Tonight_ promo.
The Eternal Lost Lurker
2005-09-07 21:59:06 UTC
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Body-Odoria
Heh. Good one.
Sometimes the old standbys work best. :)
I don't think I've ever heard that one, actually...
Well, I've been calling him that forever...*shrug* guess it's just me.
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Yeah, that line had me ROLLING once I realised what Vegeta had just
SAID. (It took a second for it to sink in because I was distracted.)
Man... I can't believe that line..
Do you know what he said in the original, there?
Nope.
www.lurkerdrome.com
The Wanderer
2005-09-07 17:25:36 UTC
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
As he does so, he reveals that Saiyajin get stronger the more they
fight--and being pummeled to near death makes them even stronger
still.
There's an interesting idea for a training regimen...
It's been used - see David Tatum's "A Thousand Years Until Revenge",
which is unfortunately incomplete.

(And, indirectly, part of the backstory to Benjamin A. Oliver's "Nuke
'Em Till They Glow!!" - the only Saiyajin whom I remember showing up
there had spent however-many years as the prisoner of sme hyperadvanced,
possibly-robotic alien race, who treated him as an experimental specimen
and gave him a serious beatdown followed by regen-tank healing (because
they can't do experiments on a damaged specimen) every time he tried to
escape; naturally he tried to escape at every possible opportunity, and
by the time he managed it, he'd achived SSJ10... which says something
about how powerful those aliens were. But anyway, despite that tangent,
it's still an example of growing more powerful almost exclusively by
getting beaten to the edge of death and then healing.)
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria tries to save himself with the promise of telling Vegeta
what actually happened to Bejiitasei.
Any particular reason you spelled it this way, Lurker, since you don't
call the prince himself "Bejiita"? Did they actually pronounce it with
the "B", or something? Or is it just random "let's add a little variety
here"?
--
The Wanderer

side of it.

The Eternal Lost Lurker
2005-09-07 18:12:14 UTC
Post by The Wanderer
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria tries to save himself with the promise of telling Vegeta
what actually happened to Bejiitasei.
Any particular reason you spelled it this way, Lurker, since you don't
call the prince himself "Bejiita"?
Yeah. 'Cuz I can. :P
www.lurkerdrome.com
Chris Sobieniak
2005-09-07 06:55:44 UTC
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
[Episode title taken from Yahoo TV listings, as I
was out of the room when the show started.]
Saw a bit of it, so it's correct.
(yawn)
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Speaking of Bulma, she has erected a comfy, cozy
Capsule Corp house in the cave,
I still love those homes! I wouldn't mind being a nomad if I could have
a house to take with me whenever I want!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
and is relaxing in a bubble bath while chewing out
Dr. Briefs over the comm link. Bulma is upset
about the loss of their ship, but Dr. Briefs informs
her that Goku is on his way, and has a ship they
can all come home in!
Is Dr. Briefs looking through a company parts catelog? Didn't look like
he had much to do that day.
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
...damn bubbles! Move, move!
You just wanted those suds to fall right off I bet! :-)
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
...Dr. B is STILL going on about that damn
cappucino machine?! OY!
Apparently the comm link is also water resistent. :-)
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
In space, Goku takes a break from 20g training to
have a snack, and is disappointed at the "small"
Never enough!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Note that he's only taking a break from the
TRAINING, not the GRAVITY. A fact he realises
when he flops down on the bed...and breaks it.
Now the scene has the earmarks of a typical college dormitory!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Of course, that could just be from overeating...
I wanted to believe that!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria tries to find Freeza, and complains about
the lack of scouters and the geographical
indistinctiveness of the surface of Namekkusei.
Pretty much getting himself lost indefinately!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria, understandably, takes objection to this,
and gets angry, just as Vegeta planned. However,
he reins himself in long enough to demand
Vegeta's scouter in exchange for his life and his
freedom.
....O_o;; VEGETA *OWNED* DODORIA!
Heheheheheheh.
Good way to put it.
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
He then promptly proceeded to remove his scouter
and toss it on the ground, pretending to offer it to
Dodoria...
Dodoria begins to gloat, but...Vegeta crushes the
scouter!
He crushes it in such a cool fashion, slow and painful!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
...and Dodoria lets slip something that surprises
Vegeta: there are Earthers on Namekkusei!
However, Dodoria believes that he himself has
killed them, just as he believes he is about to kill
Vegeta.
Poor, deluded Body-Odoria.
Vegeta knows that Dodoria is blustering, and also
knows that Dodoria saw Vegeta's power level
when he killed Kui. Dodoria, however, angrily
protests that Vegeta simply can't be that powerful,
and attacks.
Not even a flashback would help!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria tries to save himself with the promise of
telling Vegeta what actually happened to
Bejiitasei. Vegeta releases him. Dodoria explains
that Freeza destroyed the Saiyajin because they
were becoming troublesome and potentially
dangerous. Vegeta, as a favored pawn, was
spared.
Vegeta, unsurprisingly, kills Dodoria anyway.
At least his line was WAY better than in the Saban dub when he begins
powering up, "I lied when I said you can go, well, partially lied, for I
will let you go to ANOTHER DEMENSION!"
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
"I promise you this, Freeza...your downfall WILL
be at the hands of a Saiyan."
How true, Vegeta. How true.
It's just...not gonna be you.
Ha-Ha!
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
In a few days, Goku will reach Namekkusei.
Vegeta has sworn vengeance against Freeza, and
is after the Dragonballs...as is Freeza. Gohan,
Kuririn, and Bulma are ALSO after the
Dragonballs, as well as trying to stay well clear of
the more evil powers at work on Namekkusei. And
Dende, the orphaned child, has joined their party.
Freeza - 5
Namekkuseijin - 2
And the adventure continues...
[tomorrow]
And the day after that, and then next monday, and so-on!

From the Master of Car-too-nal Knowledge...

Fish Eye no Miko
2005-09-07 07:32:13 UTC
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
In space, Goku takes a break from 20g training to
have a snack, and is disappointed at the "small"
Never enough!
What is it with shounen heroes and they're ridiculously large appetites?
Though, frankly, I think Luffy from _One Piece_ could outdo him. He's got
the advantage of a rubber stomach. ^_^
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Note that he's only taking a break from the
TRAINING, not the GRAVITY. A fact he realises
when he flops down on the bed...and breaks it.
Now the scene has the earmarks of a typical college dormitory!
HAHA! No kidding. Eek.
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
He then promptly proceeded to remove his scouter
and toss it on the ground, pretending to offer it to
Dodoria...
Dodoria begins to gloat, but...Vegeta crushes the
scouter!
He crushes it in such a cool fashion, slow and painful!
Indeed! Poor Dodoria. Vegeta really fucks with his head before killing
him... ^_^
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Vegeta knows that Dodoria is blustering, and also
knows that Dodoria saw Vegeta's power level
when he killed Kui. Dodoria, however, angrily
protests that Vegeta simply can't be that powerful,
and attacks.
Not even a flashback would help!
<snicker>
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria tries to save himself with the promise of
telling Vegeta what actually happened to
Bejiitasei. Vegeta releases him. Dodoria explains
that Freeza destroyed the Saiyajin because they
were becoming troublesome and potentially
dangerous. Vegeta, as a favored pawn, was
spared.
Vegeta, unsurprisingly, kills Dodoria anyway.
At least his line was WAY better than in the Saban dub when he
begins powering up, "I lied when I said you can go, well, partially
lied, for I will let you go to ANOTHER DEMENSION!"
Heh No kidding, Especially since, in this version, he makes no such
promise.
Dodoria: "Now if I tell you, how do I know you won't still try to kill me?"
Vegeta: "You're lucky I don't kill you where you stand! So start
talking!"
Again, I'm not sure where Dodoria ever gets the idea Vegeta's gonna let him
go.
And, hey, is it just me, or does the greater freedom of being able to talk
about death without having to skirt the issue just make scene like this SO
much better?
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
"I promise you this, Freeza...your downfall WILL
be at the hands of a Saiyan."
How true, Vegeta. How true.
It's just...not gonna be you.
Ha-Ha!
Hey! Poor Veggie-sama...

Catherine Johnson.
--
fenm at cox dot net
"If it weren't for the dozens of idiot drivers in front of you, you'd be
-Rock station advertisement.
Chris Sobieniak
2005-09-07 17:00:17 UTC
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
In space, Goku takes a break from 20g training
to have a snack, and is disappointed at the
Never enough!
What is it with shounen heroes and they're
ridiculously large appetites? Though, frankly, I
think Luffy from _One Piece_ could outdo him.
He's got the advantage of a rubber stomach. ^_^
True!
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Note that he's only taking a break from the
TRAINING, not the GRAVITY. A fact he
realises when he flops down on the bed...and
breaks it.
Now the scene has the earmarks of a typical
college dormitory!
HAHA! No kidding. Eek.
To me, it says, you've just woke up, and everything's a mess and broken,
you think to yourself, "an earthquake must've hit while I was asleep",
when in fact you'd probably been out last night and had a couple too
many with the buds, then staggered into the room and knocked over the
furniture and a few other things before finding the bed to crash into
for the night.

Too bad I never got to stay at a college dorm or frat house to
experience that. :-(

(then again, I'm still not a drinker either)
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Dodoria begins to gloat, but...Vegeta crushes
the scouter!
He crushes it in such a cool fashion, slow and
painful!
Indeed! Poor Dodoria. Vegeta really fucks with his
head before killing him... ^_^
It's like having an older brother/sister whom like to screw around with
your head by pulling simular s__t!
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Vegeta, unsurprisingly, kills Dodoria anyway.
At least his line was WAY better than in the
Saban dub when he begins powering up, "I lied
when I said you can go, well, partially lied, for I
will let you go to ANOTHER DEMENSION!"
Heh No kidding, Especially since, in this version,
he makes no such promise.
Dodoria: "Now if I tell you, how do I know you
won't still try to kill me?"
Vegeta: "You're lucky I don't kill you where you
stand! So start
talking!"
Again, I'm not sure where Dodoria ever gets the
idea Vegeta's gonna let him go.
Who knows, perhaps still feeling confident of his ranking and thought
that Vegeta would not go to such a great length to do so (or just being
plain dumb).
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
And, hey, is it just me, or does the greater freedom
of being able to talk about death without having to
skirt the issue just make scene like this SO much
better?
I thought so too. It's so much like a "normal" program than having to
reply on some euphemism this way!
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
"I promise you this, Freeza...your downfall WILL
be at the hands of a Saiyan."
How true, Vegeta. How true.
It's just...not gonna be you.
Ha-Ha!
Hey! Poor Veggie-sama...
Catherine Johnson.
At least his future son'll get a crack at it! :-)

From the Master of Car-too-nal Knowledge...

Fish Eye no Miko
2005-09-07 21:19:22 UTC
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Note that he's only taking a break from the
TRAINING, not the GRAVITY. A fact he
realises when he flops down on the bed...and
breaks it.
Now the scene has the earmarks of a typical
college dormitory!
HAHA! No kidding. Eek.
To me, it says, you've just woke up, and everything's a mess and
broken, you think to yourself, "an earthquake must've hit while I
was asleep", when in fact you'd probably been out last night and
had a couple too many with the buds, then staggered into the room
and knocked over the furniture and a few other things before
finding the bed to crash into for the night.
Too bad I never got to stay at a college dorm or frat house to
experience that. :-(
I'm rather glad I didn't...
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Heh No kidding, Especially since, in this version,
he makes no such promise.
Dodoria: "Now if I tell you, how do I know you
won't still try to kill me?"
Vegeta: "You're lucky I don't kill you where you
stand! So start
talking!"
Again, I'm not sure where Dodoria ever gets the
idea Vegeta's gonna let him go.
Who knows, perhaps still feeling confident of his ranking and
thought that Vegeta would not go to such a great length to do so
(or just being plain dumb).
I vote for the latter...
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
And, hey, is it just me, or does the greater freedom of
being able to talk about death without having to skirt
the issue just make scene like this SO much better?
I thought so too. It's so much like a "normal" program than having
to reply on some euphemism this way!
Yeah, exactly!
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
"I promise you this, Freeza...your downfall WILL
be at the hands of a Saiyan."
How true, Vegeta. How true.
It's just...not gonna be you.
Ha-Ha!
Hey! Poor Veggie-sama...
At least his future son'll get a crack at it! :-)
True. ^_^

Catherine Johnson. Hmmm.. deep-fried Freiza nuggets!
Chris Sobieniak
2005-09-08 09:32:21 UTC
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
To me, it says, you've just woke up, and
everything's a mess and broken, you think to
yourself, "an earthquake must've hit while I was
asleep", when in fact you'd probably been out last
night and had a couple too many with the buds,
then staggered into the room and knocked over
the furniture and a few other things before finding
the bed to crash into for the night. Too bad I
never got to stay at a college dorm or frat house
to experience that. :-(
I'm rather glad I didn't...
I wouldn't mind having that once in a while!
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
(then again, I'm still not a drinker either)
I still haven't started!
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Who knows, perhaps still feeling confident of his
ranking and thought that Vegeta would not go to
such a great length to do so (or just being plain
dumb).
I vote for the latter...
Me too!
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
I thought so too. It's so much like a "normal"
program than having to rely on some euphemism
this way!
Yeah, exactly!
I wish all cartoons could be this way! (at least not sugar-coat these
details into some stupid gag or such)
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
At least his future son'll get a crack at it! :-)
True. ^_^
Catherine Johnson. Hmmm.. deep-fried Freiza
nuggets!
Mmmmmm!

Thinking about that scene, it would be neat to have the ability to cook
steaks easier at BBQs that way!

From the Master of Car-too-nal Knowledge...

S.t.A.n.L.e.E
2005-09-08 04:26:47 UTC
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Note that he's only taking a break from the
TRAINING, not the GRAVITY. A fact he
realises when he flops down on the bed...and
breaks it.
Now the scene has the earmarks of a typical
college dormitory!
HAHA! No kidding. Eek.
To me, it says, you've just woke up, and everything's a mess and broken,
you think to yourself, "an earthquake must've hit while I was asleep",
when in fact you'd probably been out last night and had a couple too
many with the buds, then staggered into the room and knocked over the
furniture and a few other things before finding the bed to crash into
for the night.
Too bad I never got to stay at a college dorm or frat house to
experience that. :-(
(then again, I'm still not a drinker either)
You don't have to be the one drinking
- you can watch other people do it to themselves! ^_^
(Some things you won't experience at any other time of your life.)

Laters. =3D)

=09=09Stan
--=20
_______ ________ _______ ____ ___ ___ ______ ______
| __|__ __| _ | \ | | | | _____| _____|
|__ | | | | _ | |\ | |___| ____|| ____|
|_______| |__| |__| |__|___| \ ___|_______|______|______|
__| | ( )
/ _ | |/ LostRune+sig [at] UofR [dot] net
| ( _| | http://www.uofr.net/~lostrune/
\ ______| _______ ____ ___
/ \ / \ | _ | \ | |
/ \/ \| _ | |\ |
/___/\/\___|__| |__|___| \ ___|
The Wanderer
2005-09-07 17:29:42 UTC
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
In space, Goku takes a break from 20g training to have a snack,
and is disappointed at the "small" amount of food in the
Never enough!
What is it with shounen heroes and they're ridiculously large
appetites? Though, frankly, I think Luffy from _One Piece_ could
outdo him. He's got the advantage of a rubber stomach. ^_^
Actually, in the case of the DBZ characters at least, it makes perfect
sense: they expend a lot of energy on fighting, training, and the like,
and so they need to eat a lot to replenish it. The same applies to some
of the other famous big-appetite characters (Ranma, f'rinstance),
although there are those to whom it does not (probably Lina).

Luffy tends to have less of an excuse, although the "ate my fill,
therefore am at full strength" thing is used at least once. But yes,
he's one of the very few characters who has the potential (assuming all
competitors are equally empty to begin with) to out-eat a Saiyajin.
--
The Wanderer

side of it.

Fish Eye no Miko
2005-09-07 19:36:02 UTC
Post by The Wanderer
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
What is it with shounen heroes and they're ridiculously large
appetites? Though, frankly, I think Luffy from _One Piece_ could outdo
him. He's got the advantage of a rubber stomach. ^_^
Actually, in the case of the DBZ characters at least, it makes
perfect sense: they expend a lot of energy on fighting, training,
and the like, and so they need to eat a lot to replenish it.
True true. ^_^
Post by The Wanderer
The same applies to some of the other famous big-appetite characters
(Ranma, f'rinstance), although there are those to whom it does not
(probably Lina).
And Usagi...
Then there's Yukito from CCS, who has an entirely different reason for his
big appetite... ^_^
Post by The Wanderer
Luffy tends to have less of an excuse, although the "ate my fill,
therefore am at full strength" thing is used at least once.
Oh...?
There's also a story where, after eating himself into a big ball, he fights
a guy and comes out of the ensuing explosion slender again. ^_^
Post by The Wanderer
But yes, he's one of the very few characters who has the potential
(assuming all competitors are equally empty to begin with) to out-eat a
Saiyajin.
It'd be fun to watch (just watch out for flying bones and utensils)
"Hey, no fair, he ate the plate!"

Catherine Johnson.
--
fenm at cox dot net
Right now you are reading my .sig quote.
elsie
2005-09-08 00:24:36 UTC
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Wanderer
The same applies to some of the other famous big-appetite characters
(Ranma, f'rinstance), although there are those to whom it does not
(probably Lina).
And Usagi...
Then there's Yukito from CCS, who has an entirely different reason for his
big appetite... ^_^
How about adding Fuu to the mix? After all, she was robbed in that eating
contest.

laurie
Abraham Evangelista (afedaken)
2005-09-08 02:49:14 UTC
Post by elsie
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by The Wanderer
The same applies to some of the other famous big-appetite characters
(Ranma, f'rinstance), although there are those to whom it does not
(probably Lina).
And Usagi...
Then there's Yukito from CCS, who has an entirely different reason for his
big appetite... ^_^
How about adding Fuu to the mix? After all, she was robbed in that eating
contest.
And then there's Hazuki from Happy Lesson, who eats massive quantities
for what appears to be no reason beyond an unholy appetite. :-)

--
Kuriforudo wa ookikute akai inu da.
http://www.limitofx.com/snaplog
Now with Comments!
S.t.A.n.L.e.E
2005-09-08 04:29:19 UTC
Post by The Wanderer
Post by Fish Eye no Miko
Post by Chris Sobieniak
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
In space, Goku takes a break from 20g training to have a snack,
and is disappointed at the "small" amount of food in the
Never enough!
What is it with shounen heroes and they're ridiculously large
appetites? Though, frankly, I think Luffy from _One Piece_ could
outdo him. He's got the advantage of a rubber stomach. ^_^
Actually, in the case of the DBZ characters at least, it makes perfect
sense: they expend a lot of energy on fighting, training, and the like,
and so they need to eat a lot to replenish it. The same applies to some
of the other famous big-appetite characters (Ranma, f'rinstance),
although there are those to whom it does not (probably Lina).
Just feel sorry to whoever it's duty to unclog the crapper! ^_^

Laters. =)

STan
--
| ( _| | http://www.uofr.net/~lostrune/