[OT][NEWS] Japan's Princess Kiko is Pregnant
Daniel Rudy
2006-02-07 08:18:44 UTC
For those of you who follow events across the pacific, I thought that
this might be of interest:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/07/AR2006020700128.html
--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been base64 encoded to reduce spam
Decode email address using b64decode or uudecode -m

Why geeks like computers: look chat date touch grep make unzip
strip view finger mount fcsk more fcsk yes spray umount sleep
sanjian
2006-02-07 11:39:58 UTC
Post by Daniel Rudy
For those of you who follow events across the pacific, I thought that
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/07/AR2006020700128.html
You know, this isn't exactly the first time a woman would be Emperor of
Japan (and, no, before someone tries to correct me, emperess is properly
reserved for the wife of the emperor... no, I don't know what the husband of
an emperor is). Just let the little munchkin take the throne, and it's all
good.
Lee Ratner
2006-02-07 14:30:16 UTC
Post by sanjian
Post by Daniel Rudy
For those of you who follow events across the pacific, I thought that
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/07/AR2006020700128.html
You know, this isn't exactly the first time a woman would be Emperor of
Japan (and, no, before someone tries to correct me, emperess is properly
reserved for the wife of the emperor... no, I don't know what the husband of
an emperor is). Just let the little munchkin take the throne, and it's all
good.
Yeah but it always was an emergency type thing and the last
woman on the throne was in the early 1600s and those before here during
the 600s.
l***@my-deja.com
2006-02-07 16:10:34 UTC
She's apparently been trying to get pregnant for awhile, right? Well,
as I always say in such situations:

"Put more men on the job!"
s***@gmail.com
2006-02-07 20:53:01 UTC
I say the 2 current Prince are useless.

1) Between the 2 of them they can't produce a male heir. The fault is
never the female unless the Princess don't want to carry any more but
then again what the heck does royalties do all day any way? They have
it made for life unlike us lowly people.

2) If the Princesses don't want to carry then find other candidates for
the job. According to the ancient ways a prince can have more than one
wives

3) Use modern medine to give them a male heir. I heard it only cost a
few grand. Think out of the box to get what they want.

Get to work is what I say... This is not worthy news to listen to.
"Put more men on the job!"
Nuki Mouse
2006-02-07 18:41:05 UTC
Post by Lee Ratner
Post by sanjian
Post by Daniel Rudy
For those of you who follow events across the pacific, I thought that
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/07/AR2006020700128.html
You know, this isn't exactly the first time a woman would be Emperor of
Japan (and, no, before someone tries to correct me, emperess is properly
reserved for the wife of the emperor... no, I don't know what the husband of
an emperor is). Just let the little munchkin take the throne, and it's all
good.
Yeah but it always was an emergency type thing and the last
woman on the throne was in the early 1600s and those before here during
the 600s.
Wrong, Empress Go-Sakuramachi ruled in the mid to late 18th century and was
chosen by her brother to be the next ruler after him and not due to some
sort of emergency, mainly due to his son being too young, and even though
there were other older male cousins that could rule.

Same with the 6 Empresses from the 6th though 9th centuries, Empress Genmei
even directly succeeded her mother Empress Saimei to the throne as her
chosen successor.
Only Empress Meisho truly came to power solely due to an emergency, a
scandal involving her Father, and her uncle the Shogun and her mother's wet
nurse. She was a puppet though, her father the former Emperor Go-Mizunoo
still openly ruled in her name.

Nuki Mouse
--
"This is just my opinion, I maybe wrong" D. Miller
"Defend free speech! Read a banned book today!" unknown.
your right to say it," S. Tallentyre, summarizing Voltaire's views.
The Amazing Human Echo
the 600s.
Nuki Mouse
2006-02-07 17:59:07 UTC
Post by sanjian
Post by Daniel Rudy
For those of you who follow events across the pacific, I thought that
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/07/AR2006020700128.html
You know, this isn't exactly the first time a woman would be Emperor of
Japan
Unless the woman in question under goes a sex change operation, she will
Still be Empress.
as in Empress Kogyoku (Saimei), Empress Shotoku, Empress Gemmei, Empress
Gensho, Empress Meisho, Empress Suiko, Empress Jito, and the last woman to
be a Ruling Empress of Japan, Empress Go-Sakuramachi in the mid to late 18th
century, not the early 1600's. BTW, only 1 of them was a true "puppet "
(Empress Meisho) IIRC, the rest were either named by the previous Emperor as
their successor, like in the case of Empress Go-Sakuramachi, or were the
it.

Of course Japan could be wrong about calling their female rulers Empress,
maybe you should contact the Imperial Castle and tell them they been wrong
for over 1500 years since the reign of the 1st Ruling Empress Kogyoku.
While you are at it, you might also tell Russia they're wrong about Empress
Catherine the Great as well.
Post by sanjian
(and, no, before someone tries to correct me, emperess is properly
reserved for the wife of the emperor... no, I don't know what the husband
of an emperor is).
Gay

But the Husband of the Empress would use the term "Consort" in his title,
and would most likely also be at most a Prince since he was not crowned as
Emperor. Kind of like how Queen Elizabeth's husband is Prince-Consort
Philip, and not King or King-Consort even though he is also was a member of
the English Royal family, and Prince of 2 other countries as well.
Post by sanjian
Just let the little munchkin take the throne, and it's all good.
Until Japan clarified the right of succession in their Constitution to be
the next royal male in line to the throne, the next oldest male in line was
not always assured the throne. The previous Emperor could name another in
the Royal family to be his successor, or if the oldest male was out of favor
with the Court or otherwise weak politically when the emperor died, he
(again) was often bypassed in favor of another. This caused problems in the
past, so they made the conditions and order of succession part of the
Constitution.

Now, Japan has to change their Constitution to allow a female to rule again,
something no country should take lightly.
BTW, I see nothing wrong with Japan having a ninth Empress, but I'm not
Japanese nor do I live in Japan, it is up to the Japanese people and
government to decide that issue.

Nuki Mouse
Ethan Hammond
2006-02-08 06:42:46 UTC
Post by Daniel Rudy
For those of you who follow events across the pacific, I thought that
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/07/AR2006020700128.html
Heh, Prince Akishino has a creepy Hitler mustache.
I hope they get all worked up about it being a boy only
to have another girl born, bwah ha ha ha!
--
All Purpose Culture Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html
Ethan Hammond
2006-02-08 06:47:03 UTC
I am pretty sure there will be an Empress Natsume Atsuko!
sanjian
2006-02-08 11:12:42 UTC
Post by Ethan Hammond
I am pretty sure there will be an Empress Natsume Atsuko!
Dear Urd, Ethan, don't you ever quit?

I'm starting to see why others have killfiled you. It's not because you're
a troll or because you're offensive... but because they just get tired of
your game.
The Eternal Lost Lurker
2006-02-08 13:22:17 UTC
Post by sanjian
Post by Ethan Hammond
I am pretty sure there will be an Empress Natsume Atsuko!
Dear Urd, Ethan, don't you ever quit?
No, no he doesn't. Which is probably why he can't hold a job in meatspace,
either. Who wants to work with THAT?
--
PSP. It's like soap you can drop outside.
~~*~~
www.lurkerdrome.com
Astrobiochemist
2006-02-10 19:50:05 UTC
Doesn't Ethan work at Right Stuf? Did that change?
The Eternal Lost Lurker
2006-02-10 19:54:36 UTC
Post by Astrobiochemist
Doesn't Ethan work at Right Stuf? Did that change?
Yeah, several months ago. They got tired of the smell.
www.lurkerdrome.com
Astrobiochemist
2006-02-10 20:19:02 UTC
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Post by Astrobiochemist
Doesn't Ethan work at Right Stuf? Did that change?
Yeah, several months ago. They got tired of the smell.
I wonder what the actual reason was. Firing an employee for a "smell"
is just asking for a lawsuit. Or, if ELL is correct, what the stated
reason for the firing was?

(Trying to walk fine line without insulting ELL and Ethan)
Derek Janssen
2006-02-10 20:34:46 UTC
Post by Astrobiochemist
Doesn't Ethan work at Right Stuf? Did that change?
Yeah, several months ago. They got tired of the smell.
I wonder what the actual reason was. Firing an employee for a "smell"
is just asking for a lawsuit. Or, if ELL is correct, what the stated
reason for the firing was?
(Trying to walk fine line without insulting ELL and Ethan)
Oh, I don't mind insulting Ethan!: :)
...Just as a guess, could it have been around the same time as we
started getting his same-ol'^2 "wacky trademark" posts at 2 am again,
just like the old days, content unchanged?
(I mean, we were just *kidding* about tipping off the TRSI bosses about
Ethan's Secret Internet Life, we didn't think anyone would actually DO it!)

Well, too bad, Ethan--
Guess you had to choose between Wacky Swim-Wannabe Usenet Postmodernism,
and leading a productive grown-up existence.
And...looks like the other productive grown-ups could spot the difference.

Derek Janssen (oh, *what*?--Like we CAN'T kick him while he's down about
how he can't hold down a responsible job?)
***@comcast.net
Astrobiochemist