Today's Secret Word!
The Eternal Lost Lurker
2006-08-07 09:34:06 UTC
Today's secret word is:

FISH POCKY!

Now, you all know what to do whenever anyone says the secret word, right?

That's right! You [censored] the nearest catgirl!
Dave Watson
2006-08-07 13:40:45 UTC
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
FISH POCKY!
Now, you all know what to do whenever anyone says the secret word, right?
That's right! You [censored] the nearest catgirl!
Lurker, have you ever heard of the concept of turning into what you
hate? You know, for example, hating the business world and eventually
ending up a businessman anyway? The Jacques Brel song "Les Bourgeois"
(translated nicely by Tom Robinson into "Yuppie Scum") illustrates that
nicely.

I bring up this concept because you go on and on about how much you hate
Ethan Hammond and the way he posts when he's on a bender. Re-read your
post which I've quoted above, plus the thread about "flea biscuits" you
started. That's right--YOU ARE TURNING INTO ETHAN HAMMOND. Seek help.
--
Dave Watson, Severed Heads Liberation Front (Stretcher CD-R--sevcom.com)
Frezier Balzoff (aka Ottawa), Ontario, Canada Email--shlf[at]ncf[dot]ca
Kill worms!! http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/
Captain Nerd
2006-08-07 14:00:59 UTC
Post by Dave Watson
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
FISH POCKY!
Now, you all know what to do whenever anyone says the secret word, right?
That's right! You [censored] the nearest catgirl!
Lurker, have you ever heard of the concept of turning into what you
hate? You know, for example, hating the business world and eventually
ending up a businessman anyway? The Jacques Brel song "Les Bourgeois"
(translated nicely by Tom Robinson into "Yuppie Scum") illustrates that
nicely.
I bring up this concept because you go on and on about how much you hate
Ethan Hammond and the way he posts when he's on a bender. Re-read your
post which I've quoted above, plus the thread about "flea biscuits" you
started. That's right--YOU ARE TURNING INTO ETHAN HAMMOND. Seek help.
No, by definition (at least in the latest r.a.a.m. dictionary),
ELL does not post anything stupid. If ELL posts it, by fiat it
is intelligent and humorous, whereas if Ethan posts something
similar, it's automatically stupid.

Get with the program, Dave.

Cap.
--
Since 1989, recycling old jokes, cliches, and bad puns, one Usenet
post at a time!
Only email with "TO_CAP" somewhere in the subject has a chance of being read
Alerhys
2006-08-07 17:51:17 UTC
Post by Captain Nerd
No, by definition (at least in the latest r.a.a.m. dictionary),
ELL does not post anything stupid. If ELL posts it, by fiat it
is intelligent and humorous, whereas if Ethan posts something
similar, it's automatically stupid.
Get with the program, Dave.
Sounds like an old Usenet Translation Guide I saved:

"When I post, I am exercising my unassailable right to state my opinion
freely. When you post, you are trying to force your views on others."

"When I do not understand your post, it is because you have failed to
express yourself clearly. When you do not understand my post, it is
because you are stupid."

"When I complain about your posting, it is because you have posted
inappropriately. When you complain about my posting, it is because you
are playing self-appointed net.cop, or advocating censorship."

"When I post, I use a fresh, original style. When you post, you are
ranting."
--
________
-----\ ^__^
@_/(____,;)\___,;)
Captain Nerd
2006-08-07 18:13:57 UTC
Post by Alerhys
Post by Captain Nerd
No, by definition (at least in the latest r.a.a.m. dictionary),
ELL does not post anything stupid. If ELL posts it, by fiat it
is intelligent and humorous, whereas if Ethan posts something
similar, it's automatically stupid.
Get with the program, Dave.
"When I post, I am exercising my unassailable right to state my opinion
freely. When you post, you are trying to force your views on others."
ELL Addendum: "And your views are stupid."
Post by Alerhys
"When I do not understand your post, it is because you have failed to
express yourself clearly. When you do not understand my post, it is
because you are stupid."
ELL Addendum: "When I disagree with you, it means you're stupid."
Post by Alerhys
"When I complain about your posting, it is because you have posted
inappropriately. When you complain about my posting, it is because you
are playing self-appointed net.cop, or advocating censorship."
ELL Addendum: "Or it means you're stupid."
Post by Alerhys
"When I post, I use a fresh, original style. When you post, you are
ranting."
ELL Addendum: "And your rants are stupid."

An ELL-English dictionary is remarkably simple.

Cap.
The Eternal Lost Lurker
2006-08-07 14:15:15 UTC
Post by Dave Watson
That's right--YOU ARE TURNING INTO ETHAN HAMMOND.
As usual, you are WRONG, sir.

I make one complete nonsense post a day; the rest of my posts are signal
rather than noise.

Keep trying, Dave...one of these days you might actually say something valid
and true on Usenet, though I honestly don't expect it to happen within my
lifetime...
--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The Eternal Lost Lurker
www.lurkerdrome.com
Dave Watson
2006-08-07 16:38:47 UTC
Post by Dave Watson
That's right--YOU ARE TURNING INTO ETHAN HAMMOND.
As usual, you are WRONG, sir.
I make one complete nonsense post a day; the rest of my posts are signal
rather than noise.
By whose standard? Besides, if you put down Ethan for posting nonsense
and post any quantity of nonsense yourself, even if it's only one post
of it a day, then you know what you're being (if you have the
intelligence that you fancy yourself having, that is).
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Keep trying, Dave...one of these days you might actually say something valid
and true on Usenet, though I honestly don't expect it to happen within my
lifetime...
Just because a bitter snipe-happy crank is saying that my posts here are
invalid or untrue, it doesn't mean that they're necessarily right.
Hell, even at my most trivial, I'm downright witty and profound compared
to the likes of you. And I'm nowhere near as witty and profound as the
likes of, say, Dave Baranyi. To bring it to your level, I might suck
sometimes, but you're always chugging.
The Eternal Lost Lurker
2006-08-07 17:32:51 UTC
Post by Dave Watson
By whose standard? Besides, if you put down Ethan for posting nonsense
and post any quantity of nonsense yourself
ONCE AGAIN you are INCORRECT, sir!

It's not that Ethan posts nonsense.

It's that nonsense is *ALL ETHAN POSTS*.
Post by Dave Watson
, even if it's only one post
of it a day, then you know what you're being (if you have the
intelligence that you fancy yourself having, that is).
Yes. I'm being a normal, mostly on-topic poster to this newsgroup, which is
something Ethan Hammond hasn't been for several years.
Post by Dave Watson
Just because a bitter snipe-happy crank is saying that my posts here are
invalid or untrue, it doesn't mean that they're necessarily right.
Doesn't mean I'm necessarily wrong, either. Unlike yourself.
Post by Dave Watson
Hell, even at my most trivial, I'm downright witty and profound compared
to the likes of you.
Oh, sure. Your incessant Viz-bashing? Truly the stuff of comic legend.

Watson, Watson, Watson. When will you realise that there is absolutely no
point to you? You only exist to (a) bash Viz and (b) flame me. That's the
only two things that you actually bother coming out of the woodwork to DO
here anymore. Just like Ethan only exists to be an obnoxious idiot, and
paranormalized only exists to suck Ethan's dick.

I, on the other hand, continue to enjoy a rich variety of posting habits,
both on-topic and off-topic, about a great many subjects related to anime,
Japanese culture in general, and the occasional random, tangentially related
field of interest.

You might want to think about that a bit...
--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The Eternal Lost Lurker
www.lurkerdrome.com
Captain Nerd
2006-08-07 18:04:05 UTC
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
I, on the other hand, continue to enjoy a rich variety of posting habits,
All of which are mere variations of "You're stupid!"

Cap.
Ethan Hammond
2006-08-08 07:48:36 UTC
Post by Captain Nerd
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
I, on the other hand, continue to enjoy a rich variety of posting habits,
All of which are mere variations of "You're stupid!"
No, no, he uses cuss words too, don't forget the vicarious
amazment of the cuss words.
--
All Purpose Culture Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html
Dave Watson
2006-08-08 01:02:07 UTC
Post by Dave Watson
By whose standard? Besides, if you put down Ethan for posting nonsense
and post any quantity of nonsense yourself
ONCE AGAIN you are INCORRECT, sir!
It's not that Ethan posts nonsense.
It's that nonsense is *ALL ETHAN POSTS*.
Even if it is, at least he doesn't do it with nothing but venom; in
fact, with almost no venom at all. I've definitely got my own share of
venom, but you seem to have nothing but. I think it's much agreed that
most people here would rather spend time with a happy silly bugger than
someone with a brain sitting between a stack of chips on each shoulder.
Post by Dave Watson
, even if it's only one post
of it a day, then you know what you're being (if you have the
intelligence that you fancy yourself having, that is).
Yes. I'm being a normal, mostly on-topic poster to this newsgroup, which is
something Ethan Hammond hasn't been for several years.
No, you are being a--and let's say it slowly so you get it--fu-cking
hy-po-crite.
Post by Dave Watson
Just because a bitter snipe-happy crank is saying that my posts here are
invalid or untrue, it doesn't mean that they're necessarily right.
Doesn't mean I'm necessarily wrong, either. Unlike yourself.
"You're wrong, I'm right, my e-Penis is bigger than yours (fnarr,
snivel, wipe hand across nose)!"
Post by Dave Watson
Hell, even at my most trivial, I'm downright witty and profound compared
to the likes of you.
Oh, sure. Your incessant Viz-bashing? Truly the stuff of comic legend.
Nice of you to snip out the part of my post where I said I don't
consider myself anywhere near as witty and profound as some of the other
posters here, but you're even less so than I am.
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
Watson, Watson, Watson. When will you realise that there is absolutely no
point to you? You only exist to (a) bash Viz and (b) flame me.
Conveniently forgetting the music knowledge, tracking down of show
titles in Galen Musbach's Megami scans, praise of well-built women and
scorn for lolicon and its followers, aren't you? I go after both you
and Viz because I'm trying to get both of you to stop being negative
elements. Something tells me I'm going to succeed with Viz more than I
will with you.
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
That's the
only two things that you actually bother coming out of the woodwork to DO
here anymore. Just like Ethan only exists to be an obnoxious idiot, and
paranormalized only exists to suck Ethan's dick.
What a coincidence. You only exist to call everybody on earth idiots
(except for your own divine, omniscient, perfect self, of course).
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
I, on the other hand, continue to enjoy a rich variety of posting habits,
both on-topic and off-topic, about a great many subjects related to anime,
Japanese culture in general, and the occasional random, tangentially related
field of interest.
All of which tend to work in a snipe at another poster at some point.
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
You might want to think about that a bit...
What's there to think about? In fact, why am I really bothering with
you? Hell, the best way to deal with a bully is to not give them the
attention they desperately want, until they either learn some things
about humility and lighten up or quietly nip off to commit suicide.
Rob Kelk
2006-08-08 01:50:00 UTC
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:02:07 -0400, Dave Watson
<***@fuspamma.freenet.carleton.ca> wrote:

<massive snip>
Post by Dave Watson
What's there to think about? In fact, why am I really bothering with
you? Hell, the best way to deal with a bully is to not give them the
attention they desperately want, until they either learn some things
about humility and lighten up or quietly nip off to commit suicide.
I *know* I've used this sigfile here in the past...

Followups Set.

- --
Rob Kelk Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz
"Aggresive killfiling. I highly recommend it. It isn't personal;
there's just a limited number of hours in the day."
- Russ Allbery (<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>), in message
<***@windlord.stanford.edu>
Justin
2006-08-08 02:10:54 UTC
Post by Rob Kelk
Followups Set.
arrogant prick.
Ethan Hammond
2006-08-08 07:57:11 UTC
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
FISH POCKY!
Now, you all know what to do whenever anyone says the secret word, right?
That's right! You [censored] the nearest catgirl!
Hmmm, as Bruce Campbell would say, "It's a trick, get an axe!"
Lurker, have you ever heard of the concept of turning into what you hate?
You know, for example, hating the business world and eventually ending up
a businessman anyway? The Jacques Brel song "Les Bourgeois" (translated
nicely by Tom Robinson into "Yuppie Scum") illustrates that nicely.
I bring up this concept because you go on and on about how much you hate
Ethan Hammond and the way he posts when he's on a bender. Re-read your
post which I've quoted above, plus the thread about "flea biscuits" you
started. That's right--YOU ARE TURNING INTO ETHAN HAMMOND. Seek help.
BWAH HA HA HA! Finally he sees the light of my catgirl wisdom!
arnold kim
2006-08-07 22:08:47 UTC
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
FISH POCKY!
Now, you all know what to do whenever anyone says the secret word, right?
That's right! You [censored] the nearest catgirl!
As someone who is vehemently opposed to censoring catgirls, I cannot abide
by this.

Arnold Kim
The Eternal Lost Lurker
2006-08-07 23:13:09 UTC
Post by arnold kim
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
That's right! You [censored] the nearest catgirl!
As someone who is vehemently opposed to censoring catgirls, I cannot abide
by this.
In that case, you can UNcensor a catgirl :)
--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The Eternal Lost Lurker
www.lurkerdrome.com
Ethan Hammond
2006-08-08 07:52:11 UTC
Post by arnold kim
Post by The Eternal Lost Lurker
FISH POCKY!
Now, you all know what to do whenever anyone says the secret word, right?
That's right! You [censored] the nearest catgirl!
As someone who is vehemently opposed to censoring catgirls, I cannot abide
by this.
Aye catgirls, must be allowed to frolic in an uncensored manner as there
ultimate evolutionism demands!